It’s hump day so let’s start planning our weekend activities. Depending on where you live, you may be knee deep in snow or you may catch a little sun. Either way, here are five tips for a groovy weekend:
- Maintain your deer rifle. Many will wipe down that old gun and put it away after the last hunt, but give it a good cleaning to ensure it lasts a lifetime.
- Wash those hunting clothes. I recall many a season when I did not wash my hunting vest or jacket. The material will last much longer if properly taken care of, so wash and fold them before putting up until next season.
- Clean out the ammo in your truck. Who doesn’t have a box or two of shells rolling around the backseat of the SUV or in the truck floor board? Not a good idea, so collect all your ammo and stow it elsewhere in a safe place.
- Scrub up and sharpen your deer knife. Time to get the hair off that thing, so wash and dry it well. Then get out some oil and stone and sharpen it so it is ready for next season. This way it will not rust either.
- Send out your hunting photos. Download your photos from your phone and camera and send out the best ones to families and friends. This way, they won’t get lost or forgotten and others can see what an awesome adventure you’ve had in the great outdoors.
Kevin Lee McIver
Groovy Outdoors Pro-Staff Team Lead